Wednesday 22 February 2012

Oh Cairo

Assalamualaikum. (This post is strictly based on my own opinion and with no intention of hurting anyone)

Cairo, a vibrant city. If you want to have a relaxing and calm holiday, well Cairo's definitely not the place to go. But if you like ADVENTURE, then it's perfect! How should I describe Cairo? Well, it's definitely not dull! Somehow I have found myself in Cairo for winter break. I would like to say a few things about the people in Cairo. They have very interesting characters. For some reason, they seem to be laughing one minute, angry the next and sad after but then happy in the end. This happened while I was in the taxi. The taxi driver was talking on the phone. I find this very interesting. Then, there's this other incident, when the gang and I were waiting for the bus. A fight broke out (something very common in Egypt), there was this guy who was angry, took a broom and was about to hit another man. Other people helped to stop the fight but the man was persistent. He really wanted to hit the other man with the broom. It's funny how adults can also throw tantrums. :) Then, there's this other incident when some man selling oranges threw an orange at me while I was looking for a taxi to go back to the train station. Actually, I was really angry, I would very much indeed like to kick him and use my martial arts moves on him but I dare not cause a scene. Something that I learned so far in Egypt is to hold your anger and remain calm. So I did. Another part of this very interesting trip was when the gang had to split because the taxi driver won't let us all  ride inside the same taxi. So we did split 3:3, Nabila, Umi and I and Yana, Athira and Fatihah. We were really worried about the other team because they got lost. A very unfortunate thing happened. Not only were they lost, they were also being followed by some scary guys. FORTUNATELY, nothing happened to them. They managed to find a safe place where a lot of soldiers were standing, so those scary guys dare not to do anything bad to them. Shifting to our side of the story, well, we were being chased by a kid with a taser FULLSTOP. We. Ran. Like. Hell. In the end, we got reunited. Frankly, I was really glad the time we got reunited. I hate splitting up with my lovely mates :) Oh, did I mention? We also got chased by a dog. A naked dog.

These are only some of the "fun" and interesting stuff that happened to us during our trip. In Cairo, you get to experience all sorts of feelings. From disgust to happiness. From being scared to being brave. Apart from all of that, Cairo made me think. Why did those people did those stuff? Why did that man threw an orange at me, for instance. I truly believe that Education is important. Educated people with conscience will never do those kind of things. Why must they always fight with each other using violence when they can just talk it out?Most of the time, when I see someone fighting in the streets, I really have the urge to strap them on some chair and let them discuss their misunderstandings and solve it calmly. It's weird how I don't completely blame them for being like that. Instead of being angry, actually I feel really sad. As a muslim, I truly do. Why is it that they're acting like that? Aren't they muslims too? Islam teaches us good things yet we do bad things.

The trip to Cairo is a real eye-opener. One day, I would like to change the fate of Islam countries. I hate how people are looking down on Islam. So, to that, I must first improve myself. MUSLIMAH DOCTOR GO GO! :D

Ciao and have a nice day~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment